[ECOS] Question on ITE 8152 PCI Bridge

Raghu BK raghu_bk@hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 04:22:00 GMT 2003


Hello All,

I'm porting redboot to the custom board that we have.

Board Details: XScale PXA255, IT8152 PCI Bridge, RTL8139 ethernet 
controller.

I'm using the redboot code for uE250 as the base for my porting.

I have the basic redboot up and running (with no PCI and ethernet). Now I'm 
trying to bring up the PCI bridge. I'm stuck at the PCI init stage for a 
week now. I'm able to read the default values of IT8152 bridge's Internal 
System registers properly, which tells me that the memory map I have is 
correct. But when I scan the PCI bus for devices I don't see any devices.

I have verified the Hardware I'm working on is fine (by using the prebuilt 
boot loader which is non-redboot and is able to see the devices on the PCI 
bus).

I would really appreciate if anyone with PCI expertise can suggest where I 
should concentrate to debug this, or if anyone has worked on this PCI bridge 
I would appreciate if you can guide me to debug this.

Thanks in Advance,
Raghu

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup


-- 
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss



More information about the Ecos-discuss mailing list