[ECOS] eCos or microITRON

Satish Kumar satish@bvt.sc.sanyo.co.jp
Thu Aug 28 01:13:00 GMT 2003

well, i m referring to the microITRON native OS and the eCos native OS.
i see that the eCos code size is very big..it goes in Mb`s attimes..this
is with out including ITRON API package..i was wondering if i develop
some ITRON applications on eCos by including the ITRON package..will the
performance be very low when compared to the ITRON native applications.

  basically i m more curious about the eCos kernel size and its
performance when compared to the miroITRON native OS. how can i research
on this..can somebody direct me some fast approach to work on this
problem.

      my customer is interested to know, whether eCos kernel can be
used as the base kernel and develop some ITRON and POSIX applications on
top of it. we are not sure if this approach could degrade the
performance when compared to developing the same applications on ITRON
native OS.

can some one share their experince on the above..

thanks
satish