[ECOS] PCI Ethernet card

Michael Anburaj embeddedeng@hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 01:01:00 GMT 2003

Hi Raghu,

>From: "Raghu BK" <raghu_bk@hotmail.com>
>To: Eric.Doenges@DynaPel.com, embeddedeng@hotmail.com
>CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] PCI Ethernet card
>Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:49:52 +0000
>
>Hi Mike/Eric,
>
>I've a custom board based on XScale 255, PCI Bridge IT8152 and RTL8139. I'm
>in the process of porting RedBoot to this platform. I would really
>appreciate if you could share the RTL8139 controller driver with me.
>
>Mike: Since you already ported Eric's driver to Redboot, could you please
>share the driver code you ported with me? This would cut short my
>development time and your driver would be validated on one more platform.
>I'll keep you folks updated on the status.

EricÂ’s driver code works on redboot without any change. I did not modify his
code.

Did the following:
1. Extracted the rltk8139.tgz <revision 3>
2. Copied the files under devs/eth/i386/pc/rltk8139/ into
devs/eth/mips/atlas/rltk8139/
3. Changed all reference made to i386 to atlas <my MIPS platform name>
4. Included the following #define in devs_eth_atlas_pc_rltk8139.inl to solve
the cache coherency issue:
#define CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_RLTK_8139_SOFTWARE_CACHE_COHERENCY
5. Included this package in ecos.db & created a new redboot_rltk.ecm <that
included this package instead of the existing onboard one>.

I rebuilt redboot after this & it worked fine.

Cheers,
-Mike.