[ECOS] PCI Ethernet card

Michael Anburaj embeddedeng@hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 22:12:00 GMT 2003

Hi Eric,

I found the problem & fixed it.

Problem:
-----------

I displayed the value of ‘header’ each time after the following line of code
at rltk8139_deliver():

header = HAL_LE32TOC(*((cyg_uint32 *)&rltk8139_info->rx_ring[rx_pos]));

And it was most of the time = 0x0.
I initially guessed that probably the Rx_Ring_buffer was not setup right.
But, the actual problem was with the caches < cache coherency -same issue
that Gary Thomas addressed in one of the emails sent to ecos-patches >. So,
I pulled revision 3 of your driver & also defined
CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_RLTK_8139_SOFTWARE_CACHE_COHERENCY in my platform-specific
.inl file. It worked well & got the IP parameters in 1 shot from the DHCP
server. Right now itÂ’s configured as eth0 interface, I will try making it
eth1. Thanks a lot to you and all who participated in this discussion.

FYI: I exchanged my PCI 2.2 compliant <with WOL> NIC with a PCI 2.1 one, but
having the same chip - RTL8139D.

Thanks & Cheers,
-Mike.