[ECOS] Linking errors with arm-elf-g++

Ravi Joshi ravijoshi@operamail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:28:00 GMT 2003

Dear all,

I am trying to port Bluetoot protocol stack on EP7312 board from Cirrus Logic. I am using eCos-1.3.1 version on RedHat Linux 9.0.

1. The complete Bluetooth stack has been coded in plain C

2. I could successfully compile and port the stack on EP7312 board and also could run a sample application using arm-elf-gcc.

3. Now I am trying to compile the stack using arm-elf-g++.

4. I could compile the stack successfully using arm-elf-g++ without any issues.

5. But when I try to compile sample application using arm-elf-g++ which links the Bluetooth stack libs, I end up in getting lot of linking errors (Undefined reference to all the stack API calls made).

Queries:
1. Does anybody know how to get rid of these linking errors?

2. Are there any specific changes needed for the application to get compiled under arm-elf-g++?

3. Are there any configuration changes required for Target.ld to support arm-elf-g++?

4. I was also wondering whether this is a simple problem of C function calls made from CC file?

5. Any modifications required to the libs(all APIs are declared as EXTERN in the stack).

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
-Ravi

http://www.operamail.com
Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year