[ECOS] network question

Cho, JinJe (FXKIS.KOR) jjcho@kor.xerox.com
Mon Aug 18 09:42:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have ported redboot/eCos to SA1110 custom board.

In local network environment, I configured the two(redboot/eCos) as
follows.
 1.
  *  Redboot and eCos have the same MAC address.
  *  Redboto and eCos have different IP addresses respectively.
 -> in this configurations, ping_test(target to host)  is OK. but
server_test fail. And host to target ping is fail.

  2.
   *  Redboot and eCos have differnent MAC addresses  respectively.
   *  Redboot and eCos have differnent IP addresses.
 -> In this configurations, ping_test, server_test and host to target ping
are all OK.

In public network environment, I applied the second configuration and
tested.
  : ping_test is OK, but server_test and host to target ping test failed.

Redboot is compiled as ROMRAM startup mode and eCos is compiled as RAM
startup mode
in above tests, the MAC addresses are unique.
What is the cause of this problem?

Thanks and regards,
JJCho