[ECOS] configtool, ecosconfig for a beginner suite ?

Matthieu.GIRARDIN@fr.thalesgroup.com Matthieu.GIRARDIN@fr.thalesgroup.com
Mon Aug 4 09:54:00 GMT 2003

-----Message d'origine-----
De: sandeep [mailto:sandeep@codito.com]
Date: lundi 4 août 2003 11:38
À: Matthieu.GIRARDIN@fr.thalesgroup.com; ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Objet: Re: [ECOS] configtool, ecosconfig for a beginner...

---------------------------

>> You can try adding the directory containing  i386-elf-gcc and related
tools  to
>> "Tools -> Paths -> Build Tools"

OK. Now I can build the library but I don't understand why it need the
i386-elf-gcc if I build eCos for the PowerPC Sim... Why isn't it
powerpc-eabi-gcc?
So if I want to cross compil : how can I do ? With powerpc-eabi-gcc this
time no ?
(I'm under a Linux computer. I want to cross compil and to use PowerPC
Sim...)

---------------------------

>> Does your environment contain variable ECOS_REPOSITORY set correctly?
>> it should be pointing to ecos/packages directory.

OK it's better. Thanks a lot. Can I call you God ? lol ...
Thanks.

Another thing; the configtool build all itself when I create a new
configuration:
.ecc, build, install and config repository.
But if want to do the same thing manually with ecosconfig, I might use :
  ecosconfig tree
But how to create, specify a new ecc file ? (not ecos.ecc...)