[ECOS] success at last

Chuck McManis ecos@mcmanis.com
Sun Aug 3 04:30:00 GMT 2003

As with many things, its the little things that screw you.

In my case it was the fact that I had overlooked the conv=sync flag to dd
which meant my last sector was truncated rather than being loaded on to the
disk. Thus I was missing the last few vectors and nothing would work.

I rebuilt redboot and installed it correctly and while it still makes that
IDE complaint (presumably this just means that I've only got 3 IDE devices
attached) it does get to the redboot prompt eventually. Yeah!

Ping works too, but I can't telnet to the system and get the redboot prompt
yet (that may come later). Next step is to load a program and have GDB
attach to it.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement,
--Chuck