[ECOS] Interrupt occurrences count

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Wed Apr 30 20:36:00 GMT 2003

David Marqvar (DAM) wrote:
> Is there a built in function in eCos that counts how many times a certain
> interrupt has happened?

There's no explicit counter as such.

> I've been looking for it in the source, but it seems not to be there - not
> in the Cyg_Interrupt class anyway, where I would expect it to be.
>
> If I'm right, my next question is: is there any general interest in such a
> (debug) function?

You can achieve the same by looking at the kernel instrumentation, and in
particular, analysing the contents of the instrumentation buffer. You can
get it to record just the interrupt raise events, and count them. The
buffer can be memset to 0 to clear all records (albeit with interrupts
disabled if you want to make sure you don't mix the memset with incoming
interrupts).