[ECOS] [OT] JTAG and the Wiggler in linux

Scott Dattalo scott@dattalo.com
Wed Apr 30 17:13:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Roland Caßebohm wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 30. April 2003 02:24, Scott Dattalo wrote:

<snip>

> > I was digging around today and stumbled upon this:
> >
> > http://www.ocdemon.com/gdb_mods.tgs
> >
> > These are the mods Macraigor Systems have made to GDB to support the
> > wiggler. Hmm. I wonder if anyone has tried applying these files (they're
> > not patches) agains the current gdb source?
>
> I have also tried the gdb with modifications of Macraigor Systems, but this
> does only work under Windows for the wiggler.

I know they work under windows. However, I'm curious if anyone has tried
to use this code on a non-windows OS. I compared the McCraigor files with
what's distributed with gdb. As one would expect, there are differences.
But what is it that prevents this code from working on a non-windows OS?
Is there an *extra* .dll that one must use to enable their gdb mods to
work properly? Is it OCDLibRemote? Also, as a rhetorical question, why
would a company that exclusively sells hardware intentionally hide the
software interface to it's products? On second thought, forget that I
asked the question...  maybe I should go read Slashdot or something.

Scott