[ECOS] ppp support ?

Alex Schuilenburg alexs@ecoscentric.com
Wed Apr 30 09:53:00 GMT 2003

Philippe Moutarlier wrote:
> Does the embedded stack support PPP ?

Which stack?  There is a PPP stack that is available for the OpenBSD
eCos stack under license, PPP is reported to be available for the lwIP
stack (See
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-03/msg00526.html) and we
have an in-house project to port the PPP FreeBSD stack to eCos.  So take
your choice :-)

> I could not see references to it in the docs, so if not, what would be
> the "right" place to hook a PPP stack ?

If you wish to start your own port, we recommend the FreeBSD networking
stack (since it has IPV6 support and will succeeded the OpenBSD stack as
the standard/default TCPIP stack for eCos). The PPP code from FreeBSD
will be the best starting point.  Of course you will be duplicating our
efforts, but then since ours is an unfunded internal project there is no
guarantee when, if ever, the stack will be publically released.

HTH
-- Alex