[ECOS] Can I use the dynamic memory allocation on the class object? Thanks a lot.

QiangHuang jameshq@liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 17:57:00 GMT 2003

Thank you very much for your help.
Maybe I was not doing in the right way. The problem is I can use new to
create a class object when building the eCOS library. but when linking with
my application I got the following error:

warning: no memory  region specified for section `.eh_frame'
section .eh_frame [00092508 -> 00092d8f] overlaps section .text [00040040 ->
00093287].

but this can be done with malloc() without problem.

Maybe I have missed something. Thanks  a lot.

BTW can I do it by the replacement new as:

cyg_uint8 *pbuf = malloc( sizeof(my_class) );

my_class *pclass = new(pbuf) my_class;?	// will the class constructor be
called here?

Thanks a lot.