[ECOS] [OT] JTAG and the Wiggler in linux

Roland Caßebohm roland.cassebohm@visionsystems.de
Tue Apr 29 07:55:00 GMT 2003

On Montag, 28. April 2003 22:57, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Roland Caßebohm wrote:
> > On Freitag, 25. April 2003 15:44, Jani Monoses wrote:
> > > I'm sure there are people on this list who don't know as I didn't know
> > > 2 weeks ago but the jtag-tools at openwince.sf.net work fine with the
> > > macgraigor wiggler so there's one less (the last actually for me)
> > > reason to use windows from time to time.
> > > this tool supports several types of ARMs and flashes and are a real
> > > help
> > >
> > > that's all
> > > Jani
> >
> > Hallo,
> >
> > with which ARM do you use it?
> > I have just tried it with an Samsung S3C4510B (ARM7TDMI), but with no
> > luck.
> >
> > jtag> cable ppdev /dev/parport0 WIGGLER
> > Initializing Macraigor Wiggler JTAG Cable on ppdev port /dev/parport0
> > jtag> detect
> > detect_parts: bad JTAG connection (TDO is 1)
>
> See the README where this error is described.
>
>   "your JTAG adapter is not connected properly, or your target board
>    doesn't work, or your JTAG-aware chip doesn't support JTAG ID detection
>    (IDCODE instruction)."
>

> I get this error too and my processor is the AT91R40008. :(.

I have also tried as follows:

jtag> cable parallel 0x378 WIGGLER
Initializing Macraigor Wiggler JTAG Cable on parallel port at 0x378
jtag> detect
jtag>

But then I get no answer from detect.

I think our processors are not supported :-(

JTAG-aware parts (chips):
- Atmel ATmega128 (partial support)
- Broadcom BCM1250
- Hitachi SH7727
- Intel IXP425
- Intel SA1110
- Intel PXA250/PXA255
- Intel PXA261/262
- Xilinx XC2C256-TQ144
- Xilinx XCR3128XL-CS144
- Xilinx XCR3256XL-FT256

To bad, this is just what I'm searching for.

Roland