[ECOS] ecos for ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc)

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Sun Apr 27 19:33:00 GMT 2003

Michael Anburaj wrote:

> In the ecos configtool I chose Atlas 4Kc Template & just modified the
> Start-up Type to RAM (ROM is the default). If I build it I get the
> following errors:
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/michaelanburaj/ecos/atlas4kc/test_build/hal/common/current'
> /home/michaelanburaj/ecos/atlas4kc/test_install/lib/vectors.o: In
> function `_start':
> make: Leaving directory `/home/michaelanburaj/ecos/atlas4kc/test_build'
> /home/michaelanburaj/ecoscvs/packages/hal/mips/arch/current/src/vectors.S:175:
> undefined reference to `hal_atlas_init_sdram'
> /home/michaelanburaj/ecoscvs/packages/hal/mips/arch/current/src/vectors.S:175:
> undefined reference to `hal_atlas_init_sdram'
> /home/michaelanburaj/ecoscvs/packages/hal/mips/arch/current/src/vectors.S:202:
> undefined reference to `hal_copy_data'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: ***
> [/home/michaelanburaj/ecos/atlas4kc/test_install/tests/hal/common/current/tests/context]
> Error 1
> make: *** [tests] Error 2
>
> Is RAM start-up supported for Atlas 4Kc boards? Or did I miss somethings
> here?

I don't know exactly why this is happening but those missing functions are
only meant to be defined in ROM startup. Somehow vectors.S is including
the hal/mips/atlas/current/include/platform.inc file with
CYG_HAL_STARTUP_ROM defined. That should never happen. Have a look at the
install/include/pkgconf/hal.h file and see what it actually says, or try
to work out why it thinks it's defined.