[ECOS] ecos for ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc)

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri Apr 25 19:54:00 GMT 2003

Michael Anburaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I uninstalled TCL/TK that I installed earlier using
> ActiveTcl8.4.2.0-linux-ix86.tar.gz
>
> Then from the RedHat linux's Package manager chose "Kernel Development"
> which also included TCL+Shared libraries. Eureka! Configtool worked
> after installing this package.
>
> But this package contains a whole lot of other unwanted stuffs (for now)
> like the linux source & some stuff. This is taking most of my free disc
> space.

You shouldn't need the linux source. You should be able to remove that
using something like "rpm -e kernel-source". You probably selected all the
kernel development packages, not just TCL so there's probably more than
that you can get rid of if you know what was installed.

> Please let me know why the installation with
> ActiveTcl8.4.2.0-linux-ix86.tar.gz did not work?

It's evidently not compatible with Red Hat Linux 9, and/or doesn't provide
a libtcl.so that the config tool requires sorry.