[ECOS] ARM Thumb mode

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri Apr 25 18:57:00 GMT 2003

sensitron medical wrote:
> I am trying to build an ARM app with thumb
> instructions. I selected "Enable Thumb instruction
> set" under eCos HAL:ARM architecture on the GUI, but I
> don't see that the -mthumb flag is being passed to the compiler.

Not all targets have been tested with thumb, so they haven't got the
correct CDL to enable operation with thumb e.g. by adding -mthumb.

But we've also had some difficulty getting thumb tools to work at all, so
haven't been able to do much verification anyway. Admittedly this may be
fixed in later GCC code. GCC 3.2.3 is now out for example, but we're still
using 3.2.1. If you want to try GCC 3.2.3 let us know how it goes! It
could be a good motivation for us to move on.