[ECOS] Redboot with big block flashes and small amounts of ram

Gary D. Thomas gary.thomas@mind.be
Fri Apr 25 15:45:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 20:47, Rycerz Roman-G11565 wrote:
> Hi
>
>     I have a platform with 2.5meg of flash and only 40k of ram.  The
> external flash has 256k blocks.... Reboot as part of it setting up a
> workspace for flashing tries to
>     allocate enough ram for a block.   Naturally it crashes...  Has anyone
> had to deal with this situation before ????

RedBoot has to perform read/modify/write access to the FLASH, so a
buffer at least as big as the FLASH erase block is required.  Also,
40KB of RAM would be really challenging to do much of anything with.

What are you expecting to be able to do/run in this environment?

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>