[ECOS] Re: ecos-discuss Digest 17 Apr 2003 16:10:44 -0000 Issue 1239

Alex Schuilenburg alexs@ecoscentric.com
Thu Apr 24 12:37:00 GMT 2003

Matt Kober wrote:
> that was actually a great hint, but i wasn't using angel at all. i had angel residing in flash though and i noticed that it always runs for a moment before redboot gets a chance to run. so angel probably messed up the memory map and mode settings. is that what could have happened?

Yes.  Angel is a nasty piece of work as it always assumes it has full
control over the CPU (or did at least in my day).  When using Angel to
bootstrap another RTOS from RAM, I always had to add a while delay loop
of around 1 sec to allow Angel to "settle down" before I could reliably
turn off interrupts, reconfigure the MMU, IRQ vectors etc.

HTH
-- Alex