[ECOS] Re: ecos-discuss Digest 17 Apr 2003 16:10:44 -0000 Issue 1239

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Thu Apr 24 02:32:00 GMT 2003

Matt Kober wrote:
> that was actually a great hint, but i wasn't using angel at all. i had
> angel residing in flash though and i noticed that it always runs for a
> moment before redboot gets a chance to run.

That's normal.

> so angel probably messed up
> the memory map and mode settings. is that what could have happened? but
> shouldn't redboot initialize all the registers again when it's run? i
> would think so.

Except that it works fine for others.... although I suppose it _could_ be
some difference between Angel versions in use. I just can't tell from
here, sorry.

> i solved the problem by rebuilding redboot with asserts and tracing
> enabled, but i totally don't understand why this should make a
> difference. fact is that my own test prog and all the kernel tests run
> just fine now.

Erk! That's more than a little strange. That sounds like it might be
something like uninitialized data, or an alignment issue. Hmm.
Unfortunately again, nothing I can do to tell which from here!