[ECOS] upload program in NEC V850 RAM

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Tue Apr 22 21:18:00 GMT 2003

Teresa Fazio wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new in this mailing list and I found someone of you having problems in uploading
> programs in NEC V850 RAM, like me.
> When I try to load a simple program Hello.S3, I do
>
> RedBoot>load
>
> Ctrl a + s
> choice ymodem and then the file Hello.S3.
> But the answer is:
>
> CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC*** Warning! Attempt to load S-record to address: 0xffffffff
> RedBoot does not believe this is in RAM
> Use TFTP for a chance to override this.
> *** Warning! Checksum failure - Addr: ffffffff, EF <> 00
> xyzModem - CRC mode, 647(SOH)/4(STX)/5(CAN) packets, 316 retries
>
> What is the problem?

The addresses in your s-record file indicate it should be loaded to
0xffffffff, which isn't right. Check your s-record file, and how it was
built, and particularly how the memory map was linked.

Or more relevantly, if it isn't an s-record file, either convert it to one
or choose the appropriate flag to "load" to tell redboot what format it is!