[ECOS] Atmel AT91EB40 Evaluation board

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Tue Apr 22 17:46:00 GMT 2003

Bart Veer wrote:

>     Wolfgang> Hello,
>     Wolfgang> I want to run eCos on a ATMEL AT91EB40 evaluation board.
>
>     Wolfgang> I allready downloaded all the necessary files for building the
>     Wolfgang> toolchain:
>     Wolfgang> binutils + gcc + .....
>     Wolfgang> Merely I don't know how to build the arm-elf-??? tools.
>
>     Wolfgang> Can somebody help with that or tell me where I can find
>     Wolfgang> the information describing how to do that ?
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/getstart.html
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/build-toolchain.html

But the question is, why does Wolfgang need to download and build the
tools himself anyway, given there are prebuilts[1]. The installer can get
the tools for you (and with a "-t" argument won't download eCos, just the
tools). Or you can get them from an eCos FTP mirror:
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/mirror.html

Jifl
[1] Although if you're using Windows 98 that would be one reason as we're
not going to support windows 98 for tools now it seems :-(