[ECOS] issue about porting ecos on new target board

Robert Cragie rcc@jennic.com
Wed Apr 16 12:44:00 GMT 2003

I have found data sheet on S3C44B0X which is a similar part to the one you
mention and, yes, you're right, it's quite different.

In this case, you would still be wise to start from an ARM7TDMI core based
port, so 'e7t' or 'snds' would still be appropriate. However, you will need
to consider all aspects of the port - the cache control, UART, system
configuration, memory map, clock configuration etc. when doing the port. I
would suggest buying Anthony Massa's book 'Embedded Software Development
with eCos' (ISBN 0-13-035473-2) - this has a whole chapter on porting.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655