[ECOS] Development Tools Suggestion

Bart Veer bartv@ecoscentric.com
Thu Apr 10 19:03:00 GMT 2003

    >> I tried Source Navigator. Once. The problem with such tools is
    >> that they get very confused by the HALs, which all define the
    >> same symbols. There are also files in the kernel, infra, posix
    >> an C library packages that multiply define symbols.

    Andrew> What would be nice is if the makefile could build TAGS
    Andrew> file for emacs. Being part of the makefile it would know
    Andrew> which source files are being used by a configuration and
    Andrew> which not.

Rewriting the makefile generator is already on the wishlist for a 2.1
release, there are a lot of problems with the current one - especially
when you start adding or removing packages. This should include
support for "make tags", and hopefully for building a source navigator
database as well.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect