[ECOS] configtool/wxwindows/gtk+

Koeller, T. Thomas.Koeller@baslerweb.com
Tue Apr 8 08:51:00 GMT 2003

> Thomas Koeller wrote:
> > Building wxGTK-2.4.0 as part of the configtool build process does
> > not work with the existing makefile if gtk+-2.x is used. In this
> > case configure needs a --enable-gtk2 argument. Not sure how
> > to fix this. Should we just add --enable-gtk2 and obsolete
> > gtk-1.x? Or should a new target 'wx-gtk2' be introduced? But
> > then all targets currently depending on 'wx' would have to be
> > duplicated as well, adding 'full-gtk2' and so on.
>
> [speaking from a position of ignorance]
> Shouldn't wxGTK determine the GTK version using autoconf or
> some other
> magic way?

Maybe it should, but it does not. And then, auto-detecting may not
be a good idea if both gtk+-v1 and gtk+-v2 are installed in parallel,
as is the case with my system. In this case, the autodetection result
would depend on the user's path settings. In this situation it is good
to have a way of specifying what you want.