[ECOS] eCos Configuration Tool snapshots

Chris Garry cgarry@sweeneydesign.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 10:46:00 GMT 2003

> Hi Chris
>
> On Tuesday 01 Apr 2003 18:04, you wrote:
>
> > I see a problem running the windows version.  When I double-click
> > on the file in explorer (or a shortcut to it) I get a pop-up window:
> >
> > $ configtool-030328.exe - Unable to locate DLL.
> > $ The dynamic link library cygwin.dll could not be found in the specified
> > $ path.
> >
> > This looks to be because C:\cygwin\bin is not in my windows path - but
> > the version of the config tool shipped with v2_0b1 did not require this.
>
> That is correct. The configtool shipped with eCos 2.0 beta 1 was built with
> Visual C++ and did not require the Cygwin system DLL.
>
> You should be able to create a Windows shortcut to the configtool executable
> file which specifies your Cygwin 'bin' directory (eg "C:\cygwin\bin") as
> the working directory. Cygwin1.dll will then be found when the configtool
> is invoked using the shortcut.
>
> John Dallaway
> eCosCentric Limited
>
> --

Hi John,

Changing the 'Start in:' directory of the config tool shortcut to "C:\cygwin\bin"
allows the tool to run.  It all looks to work fine so long as the eCos repository
is on the same machine.

If however I set the repository to one on another (Win2K) machine, the configuration
tool opens and for each entry in the ecos.db file, I see an error like this:

    ecos.db, package PACKAGE_NAME: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.

When this is over the tool then closes itself, without giving the opportunity to
change the repository.

Chris