[ECOS] configuration for malloc

paape@Hi-Techniques.com paape@Hi-Techniques.com
Tue Apr 1 17:01:00 GMT 2003

hello,
I'm attempting to use malloc in my i386 configuration.  The call always
returns zero.
If I enable 'asserting', I see the following at startup:
ASSERT FAIL:
<1>mvarimpl.inl[184]Cyg_Mempool_Variable_Implementation::Cyg_Mempoo
l_Variable_Implementation() heap too small
ASSERT FAIL: <1>mvarimpl.inl        [ 184]
Cyg_Mempool_Variable_Implementation::
Cyg_Mempool_Variable_Implementation()                           heap too
small

I am using the simple allocator with the size of the fallback dynamic memory
pool set to 23068672.
Also, (and possibly related) I am using a ROM startup type which seems to
preclude the MLT box.

I don't know what else I need to do.
Sorry for what is probably a dumb question.