[ECOS] Default init_priority for C++ c'tors ??

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Sat Sep 28 08:31:00 GMT 2002

jyl087@netscape.net wrote:
> I'm having some trouble with static C++ constructors. It seems that
> without the __attribute__((init_priority (xxx)) modifier, my
> C++ globals don't get initialized.

Sounds like a GCC issue in some way. Creating a linker map should identify
where the ctors are going ( -Wl,-Map,foo to create a map file named foo).

> According to the eCos documentation, C++ globals without the
> init_priority attribute get initialized last. In my case, they're
> never initialized.

Are you sure _any_ are? Have you used the tools you've built successfully
before?