[ECOS] running test applications

Iztok Zupet iztok.zupet@vsr.si
Thu Sep 26 09:20:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 16:34, Kristin Hofstee wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for all the help I've received so far.
>
> I've been combing the documentation but haven't the answer yet...
>
> I've managed to build ecos and link with the test applications
> using the configuration tool.  When I try to run them using
> the configuration tool, it is looking in the wrong directory.
> I decided to try to run them myself.
>
> Details.  I'm running windows NT.  My target is a 386.  I'm using
> a serial connection, because that's what i have.  The target is
> connected to the host com1 to com1.  I'm running gdb from cygwin.
> I've turned on the target and get a red boot prompt.  I open
> the test I want to run. I set the target settings (this is Insight).
> Next I 'Run'.  I get an error saying that it is impossible to connect
> when target is 'exec'.  ????  If I try to connect using the console

For the proper i386-elf-insight there should be no exec target in the
target list. First look at the insight version. It should be
i386-elf-something.(HELP/ABOUT)

Then You should select the proper remote/serial target in target
settings. You must also select the continue from last stop and attach to
target options in advanced target settings.

After that You should use the RUN/connect to target command then
RUN/Download command and only then hit RUN.

Remember: because the diagnostic messages are by default redirected to
the GDB console, You must always have the console window of insight
open. Otherwise insight looses connection with the target after the
first diag message sent to it.

Regards
iz