[ECOS] some issues relating to current_thread

Brij Bihari Pandey fuzzhead012@yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 05:17:00 GMT 2002

Thanks Nick for the reply,

> I did look closely at implementing mutexes with a
> spinlock or a
> compare-and-swap mechanism. While this could be made
> to work for
> uncontended mutexes that do not implement any
> priority inversion
> protocol, it does not work for protected mutexes.
Another naive doubt, what do you mean by protected
Mutex? How many different classifications of mutex we
have in eCos? any appropriate link is welcome.

> It is much more
> important for real time performace to handle
> priority inversion correctly
Can you please explain why spinlock protection
mechanism will not work with priority inversion
correctly? May be, you can give some hints into eCos
sections where I can look to understand what you have
mentioned.

Thanks in anticipation
brij