[ECOS] Who's maintaining CVS

Jani Monoses jani@iv.ro
Tue Sep 24 09:10:00 GMT 2002

> So, if the original work was released with the modified BSD:
>
> - you do _not_ have the right to publish it as "public domain" authored by King Kong
>   (since you are required to include in any copy the original copyright statement,
>   the "conditions" and the legal disclaimer in any copy as stated clearly in the
>   modified BSD license).

Of course,I was rather talking about a situation where the code is written from scratch
and even then because of the assignment policy could not be incorporated because King
Kong is illiterate and cannot sign.He would use emacs though :)

So the reason even stronger than my not liking the assignment stuff is that as you put
it I cannot sign for something not entirely my own.I never said I would downgrade BSD
licensed software into public domain :)

Too bad there is no definite and detailed statement from Red Hat that could clear things up
and let us talk about technical issues rather than legal ones on ecos discuss.