[ECOS] Re: sid uart1 displays hex output

Frank Ch. Eigler fche@redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 05:53:00 GMT 2002

Hi -

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 06:28:40PM -0700, T Satish Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> When i run the program using the sid. i get the output in the form of
> hex code on the System monitor's uart1 output window pane !
>    How can i get to see the output in its original format i.e for eg:
> if the output to be displayed is "Hello" in the printf() function..
> the uart1 window pane displays 48656C6C6F
> [...]

It turns out that this question rightfully belongs to eCos, not to SID.
The eCos libraries sometimes believe that they have a console connection
to GDB instead of a raw tty, and therefore encode output in gdb's remote
protocol $O packets.  You need to tell eCos not to do this encoding for
console output.  I don't recall how to do this - it may be an ecosconfig
option.

- FChE