[ECOS] Disabling an host package

Bart Veer bartv@ecoscentric.com
Mon Sep 23 03:58:00 GMT 2002

    Andrew> Hi folks
    Andrew> When running to root configure script is it possible to
    Andrew> disable the building of a package?

Not at this time. Since we may end up with quite a few packages with
host-side support, and since new packages may get added at any time,
adding --enable/--disable flags to the toplevel configure script is
not sensible. Instead it would be better for each per-package
configure script to perform appropriate autoconf tests and suppress
the build if the host is not up to the job - that is already done in
various places.

    Andrew> I don't have the necassary linux stuff hanging around to
    Andrew> be able to build the USB kernel module. It would be nice
    Andrew> if i could disable this being built?

Which USB kernel module are you talking about here? The ecos_usbeth
loadable deriver in io/usb/eth/slave/current/host is not
autoconfiscated, so the toplevel configure script should ignore it.
The code in io/usb/slave/current/host should not have any unusual
requirements.

Hmmm, except that there are #include's for <linux/usb.h> and
<linux/usbdevice_fs.h>. If you are still running a 2.2. kernel without
the USB backport then those headers may not exist. OK, I'll add some
autoconf tests for those.

Bart