[ECOS] eb40a RIP

Tim Drury tdrury@siliconmotorsports.com
Mon Sep 2 19:57:00 GMT 2002

Lin Ming wrote:
> Hi, Tim,
>
> I still cannot get your EB40A port work. :-(
> Can you suggest a website to download the tools (including arm-elf-gcc and arm-elf-gdb with
> excutable file) and your ecos port if possible?

I don't know of any resources to download pre-compiled
binaries.  The versions of the tools that I used are:

binutils-2.12.1
newlib-1.10.0
insight-5.2
gcc-2.95.2 + patch

All these should be available from either gnu.org or
redhat.  I then followed the directions on the ecos
site for building the cross-compiler:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-arm-elf.html

You have to be careful to follow them exactly since
there are subtle ways in which to screw up and not
realize it.

-tim