[ECOS] Still on ethernet configuration

Cristiano Pereira ligieri2002@hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:44:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

Simple question regarding ethernet initialization. I've been trying to
configure
everyting using the ecos.ecc file but haven't been sucessfull. Seems like my
init_net function never returns.

Now I'm trying to initialize everything manually and the problem seems to
persist. Perhaps I'm over simplifying the problem but that's what I'm trying
so far (all
the variables are of course defined and the code compiles and run):

int main(void)
{
    cyg_thread_create(20,                // Priority - just a number
                      net_test,          // entry
                      0,                 // entry parameter
                      "Network test",    // Name
                      &stack[0],         // Stack
                      STACK_SIZE,        // Size
                      &thread_handle[0], // Handle
                      &thread_s[0]       // Thread data structure
            );
    cyg_thread_resume(thread_handle[0]);  // Start it
}

void
net_test(cyg_addrword_t p)
{
  struct bootp bootp_info;

  cyg_net_init();

  build_bootp_record(&bootp_info,
    "128.195.11.220",
    "255.255.255.0",
    "128.195.11.255",
    "128.195.11.1",
    "");

  init_net("eth0", &bootp_info);

  // just loops infinitely
  for ( ; ; ) ;
}

but never returns from the init_net function. What am I missing? Should this
get the ethernet interface up and working?

Thanks,
Cristiano.