[ECOS] redboot network and bootp support

Gary Thomas gthomas@ecoscentric.com
Mon Nov 11 05:59:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 00:30, Jani Monoses wrote:
> you don't really need bootp redboot can be configured with a static IP
> address
> REDBOOT_DEFAULT_ADDR config option
> and set NO_BOOTP to 1 in the config file.

Or, much simpler, if your configuration supports 'fconfig' (the Assabet
one does), use that to set up static IP addresses.

> > Hi! I just want to ask if something is wrong with my redboot configuration.
> > I have built it successfully and would like to test for network
> > connectivity.  In this case i first have to get an IP address from a dhcp
> > server, right?  I have set-up a bootp server but redboot can't get an
> > address from it.
> >
> > This message shows when I start redboot:
> > Can't get BOOTP info - network disabled

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |