[ECOS] network build and testing of network test programs

Mildred Frisco mildredf@asti.dost.gov.ph
Thu Nov 7 19:33:00 GMT 2002

Hi !  I have successfully built a test build of the net template in ecos.  I
would like to test some programs to check its network connectivity and
stack.  Can anyone help me on the steps to do this ?
First of all, our problem is how to assign an IP address for the ecos
platform (i'm using an intel assabet platform).  Redboot doesn't support
static IP configuration yet, right ?  So i think i would opt to use dhcp. I
think I also have to make an application program on eCos if I want to assign
an IP address to the platform.  But since I'm a newbie, I'll try to use dhcp
first.
I also have to build additional test programs for the eCos network stack,
right ?    It says in the docu to set the configuration option
CYGPKG_NET_BUILD_TESTS "Build networking tests (demo programs)" within
"Networking support build options".   How do I exactly do this ?  Does it
mean to directly edit the configuration file?  I've foud some network test
programs (ftp_test, dhcp_test, etc.) in the packages/net/tcpip/tests
directory of the ecos repository.  i was thinking of just compiling and
linking them to produce an elf file and then run it.  Can I do that ?
I really don't know how to proceed.  Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

mildred

p.s.
I am also interested with the kind of applications eCos have been used.
What are some of you guys up to ?  How did eCos perform on these
applications ?