[ECOS] simultaneous socket write/close causes panic?

Gary Thomas gthomas@ecoscentric.com
Tue Nov 5 08:04:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 08:45, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 05:17:37AM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> > Anyway, Hugo did a lot of work in this area at one point.
> > Grant, you said the code was from an eCos and net snapshot from
> > Jan 2001. Even so, does it definitely have this change:
> >
> > 2000-09-01  Hugo Tyson  <hmt@cygnus.co.uk>
> >
> >          * OVERVIEW: This is part of the change to the network stack to
> > [snip]
>
> Yes.  My tcpip ChangeLog goes up through:
>
> 2000-11-15  Hugo Tyson  <hmt@redhat.com>
>
>         * src/lib/bootp_support.c (init_net): Do a SIOCSIFADDR a 2nd time
>         after setting the netmask (SIOCSIFNETMASK) in order for the newly
>         [...]

A tremendous amount of work happened after that date!  Certainly
in the area of performance.

If there is any way to update, I'd suggest doing it.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |