[ECOS] Re: configtool question

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Mon Nov 4 17:19:00 GMT 2002

Will Tucker wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a quick question.

This is best directed at the ecos-discuss list but I'll answer it anyway.

> Well I started with the laptop and install cygwin with
> the option of dos text. Not a good idea for none of my
> code would compile. So I deleted cygwin from my laptop
> and reinstalled it with the unix option and
> my code now compiles as well as the e-cos source
> example. I then went to configure e-cos/redhat on my
> laptop I got the following error when trying to run
> configtool.exe:
>
> mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
>
>>$ ls -l
>>total 4693
>>drwxr-xr-x    2 Mark Kra None            0 Sep 25
>>00:01 CVS
>>-rwxr-xr-x    1 Mark Kra None      2008991 Sep 14
>>14:18 Configtool.exe
>>-rwxr-xr-x    1 Mark Kra None      2795928 Sep 14
>>14:18 ecosconfig.exe
>>
>>Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
>>$ configtool
>>bash: /cygdrive/c/xport/ecos/bin/configtool:
>>Permission denied
>>
>>Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
>>$ ecosconfig
>>bash: /cygdrive/c/xport/ecos/bin/ecosconfig:
>>Permission denied
>>
>>Mark Kramer@KRAMERLAPTOP /ecos-c/xport/ecos/bin
>>$

The text versus UNIX option primarily affects the default cygwin mount
table. Can you type "mount" and send us the results? And strip
ecos-maintainers off the reply (I just wanted people to know this had been
dealt with). Also can you type "echo $PATH".