[ECOS] problems linking memory and string functions

Koeller, T. Thomas.Koeller@baslerweb.com
Tue May 28 09:29:00 GMT 2002

I am encountering problems using functions like memcpy,
memset, strcpy etc. When I use those functions in my program,
the linker does not find them in libtarget.a, although nm reports
them to be present. I can work around this by passing a
'-u memcpy' argument to the linker. The one thing that all these
functions have in common is that they are defined as weak aliases
for the real functions (probably to allow the user to replace them).
I suspect this to be the root of the problem.

I saw this with gcc-3.0.4 and gcc-3.1, configured as arm-ecos-elf,
and binutils-1.12.

tk
Thomas Koeller, Software Development

Basler Vision Technologies