[ECOS] eCos HAL Object Tables

Craig Vanderborgh craigv@voxware.com
Tue May 21 11:18:00 GMT 2002

Hello all:

I am trying to determine how the eCos HAL Object Tables mechanism works.
In particular, I am looking at the macros:

CYG_HAL_TABLE_BEGIN( __CONFIG_options_TAB__, RedBoot_config_options);
CYG_HAL_TABLE_END( __CONFIG_options_TAB_END__, RedBoot_config_options);

and trying to understand where in flash memory the Redboot config options
parameters get written.  I need to understand this because I wish to
use "fconfig" values for configuring my system at the time my Linux
kernel boots.

Could someone please describe how the CYG_HAL_TABLE_* mechanism works, and
how to ascertain the location of table objects in flash memory??

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated