[ECOS] ARM AEB-1 download problem

Koeller, T. Thomas.Koeller@baslerweb.com
Thu Mar 14 10:27:00 GMT 2002

I am trying to install the GDB stubs from eCos 1.3.1 on my ARM AEB-1 board.
The method described in the tutorial does not work for me, because I do not
get a prompt from the ROM boot monitor. The first prompt I see is from
Angel.
So I tried the method described for the PID, but that did not work either
(see
transcript below). Anyone able to help me with this?

Thomas

---------------------------------------
$ arm-elf-gdb -nw "/d/program files/red
hat/ecos/loaders/arm-aeb/gdb_module-revC.img"
GNU gdb 5.1.1
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=arm-elf"...
(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) set remotebaud 9600
(gdb) target rdi s=com1
Angel Debug Monitor (serial) 1.04 (Advanced RISC Machines SDT 2.11a) for
AT91EB0x (1.01)
Angel Debug Monitor rebuilt on Sep 14 1998 at 14:52:22
Serial Rate:   9600
 Connected to ARM RDI target.
(gdb) load
Invalid download offset: files/red
hat/ecos/loaders/arm-aeb/gdb_module-revC.img

(gdb)

Thomas Koeller, Software Development

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62