[ECOS] Bootable of ecos

Ram Khatkhedkar (enSys) gccram@yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 02:53:00 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Jesper Skov <jskov@redhat.com>
To: Nilesh Tarale <ntatensoft@yahoo.com>
Cc: eCos Discuss <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Bootable of ecos

> On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 14:46, Nilesh Tarale wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I have done some application with serial test. I have
> > created an image for i386-pc from ecos-v1.3.1.
> > Then created a binary file for that application. and a
> > bootable floppy is working fine. But the same
> > application when compiled with the ecos code from cvs
> > the bootable floppy is getting created but not
> > displaying anything..
> > Please guide....
>
> Build RedBoot and boot it. Build application for RAM startup, download
> it to the PC, and debug it.
>
> Jesper

Thanx for the reply..
But my poblem is little different..
I have created a redboot bootable floppy for ecos-1.3.1, as well as for
ecos-cvs.
Then i have created an image with RAM startup for i386-pc .
Wrote one simple application by the name of calculator.
 I have complied and debug it though redboot. Created a binary file out of
the object file of the calculator. Then created a bootable floppy with this
binary..
It is woking fine...
When the same application is complied in the image for i386-pc of ecos-cvs,
with same configuration and RAM startup as in ecos-1.3.1. I have created a
binary of calculator's object file. After booting the pc with this bootable
the pc gets booted but it does't show anything on the screen...
Please Guide....
Thanx
Nilesh Tarale