[ECOS] changing the memory on the linux synthetic target

Tom Coremans tom.coremans@acunia.com
Tue Mar 5 05:02:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I tried to change the amount of memory available for ecos running on the
linux synthetic target by changing the values of LENGTH in the file

mlt_synth_i386_rom.ldi :

MEMORY
{
    rom : ORIGIN = 0x1000000, LENGTH = 0x800000
    ram : ORIGIN = 0x2000000, LENGTH = 0x800000
}

and by changing the value of ram_SIZE in the file

mlt_synth_i386_rom.h:

#define CYGMEM_REGION_ram (0x2000000)
#define CYGMEM_REGION_ram_SIZE (0x800000)
#define CYGMEM_REGION_ram_ATTR (CYGMEM_REGION_ATTR_R |
CYGMEM_REGION_ATTR_W)

but I still have only 8Meg available for the malloc function.

Does anybody know what else I should chamge to make this work??

Thanks,

Tom