[ECOS] ICE only for download

Kjell Svensson kjell@techtribe.se
Mon Jun 24 05:33:00 GMT 2002

Hi Roland,

There is of course the "serial monitor" options, either the ARM Angel or
the GDB-stub (e.g RedBoot), but I suppose You are looking for something

There are a number of quite cheap JTAG "wigglers" commercially
available, which typically utilise the parallell-port of the PC to drive
the JTAG signals. MacGraigor sells a popular device named "Wiggler", but
there are others.

Since these wigglers essentially contain only a few drivers/buffers in
order to convert/isolate the electrical levels of the PC from the levels
of the target, the prices asked for a commercial wiggler might anyway
seem absurd :-(   I've seen a few "build-it-yourself" instruction on
various places on the internet. If You're interested in these and cannot
find them Yourself, send me an email and I'll see if I can find it again.

By the way; parallell port wigglers are typically poorly supported by
Linux hosts which generally defaults to ethernet/TCP/IP connections. I'm
unsure if its possible to get a wiggler working together with gdb in
Linux, but I know there is some Linux app around capable of downloading
images into an ARM.

Cheers, /Kjell
--
Kjell Svensson                 Embedded Technology Manager
Techtribe Solutions AB         Tel:  +46 (0)31 706 06 00