[ECOS] Help me please...

Mike A embeddedeng@hotmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:26:00 GMT 2002

Hi All,

Set-up:
Target board: ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc)
Developement environment: Windows 98

I see a lot of discrepancies between the configuration Tool what I have &
what is explained in the ecos user manual.

Installation info.:
Ecos configuration Tool ver 2.08 (I am running it on Win98 machine)
Latest ecos repository pulled using WinCVS 1.3

1. In the ecos user manual, Under “Layout Manipulation” there is a line like
this, “View->Toolbars->Memory Layout” to enable the Memory Layout Window.
But I donÂ’t see any thing beyond View->toolbars. And also there is no button
to enable the Memory Layout Window in the tool bar.
2. Tool->Platforms is showing an empty window. There are no entries
(platforms) to select one from.
3. When I do Tools->Run Tests. If there is no platform specified, the
configuration Tool is supposed to open-up the Platforms window (just like
Tool->Platforms) for selecting a platform from the list. But this doesnÂ’t
happen, instead the source gets built.
4. While it is building three buttons are suppose to appear (Run/Stop, Close
and Properties) on the properties window. But I donÂ’t see any.

Is this because I am using a windows version of configuration tool?
Or did I not install it properly?
OrÂ…

I donÂ’t know how to switch between ROM & RAM builds. Please help me out.

If I look in the sub-folders inside testcfg_install folder, I see a lot of
.exe files. Are these plain binary (MIPS) images (I have chosen “ATLAS with
4Kc processor” Template)?
If so, is there an option in the Configuration tool or a configurable
parameter to get S-rec image outputs?

I am trying to get redboot & some simple applications build for my ATLAS
(4Kc) board. Please someone clear my doubts. If possible walk me through the
steps to develop a small sample application for the ATLAS (4Kc) on the
windows ecos Configuration tool. Possibly can send me the support files
needed for the build (like .ecc). Thanks a lot for this great help!!!

-Mike.