[ECOS] Opening SGML-manuals

Iztok Zupet iz@vsr.si
Thu Jun 20 03:42:00 GMT 2002

On Thursday 20 June 2002 09:42, David Marqvar (DAM) wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm currently trying to get into the details of eCos.
> I've downloaded the latest CVS, including documentation in SGML.
>
> How do I open the SGML-files? I've tried to use sgml2html (linux) and
> "SoftQuad XMetaL 3.0" (windows).
> It seems that I need a Rules File, a DTD or a Schema... I'm missing
> something obviously..?
>
> Regards,
> David Marqvar

Hi:

   Since I haven't updatet my eCos witht thel last update (i'ts 3 weeks old),
my information may be out of date.

 Seems that the only way one can try to build the docs is:

Go to the ecos/doc/sgml directory and hack makemakefile shell script , eg
replace every occurence of "ecc" with "packages".
 -./makemakefile
 -make
Then You will notice that there are some unresolved SGML link errors. Just
remove the links from SGML sources, because there are some mising sgml files
in the repository tree.. The SGML documentation scheme is new in the eCos
2.0. ( I haven't tried that).

If You wish, You can try.