[ECOS] Problem compiling newnet with timing stats

Gary Thomas gary@chez-thomas.org
Fri Jun 14 14:23:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 15:03, Paul Randall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having problems compiling the newnet (FreeBSD) template with
> CYGDBG_NET_TIMING_STATS turned on in eCos 2.0.  I can compile and run
> the original TCP/IP stack (OpenBSD) with timing stats with no problem.
> During the make for newnet, I get the following errors:
  <snip>

Don't forget that the FreeBSD stack is still alpha - some things haven't
been well shaken out and this is obviously one of them.

Exactly what information were you interested in getting?  The particular
statistics that CYGDBG_NET_TIMING_STATS enables are quite low level and
really only deal with some of the internal memory handling of the stack.
They don't provide much in the way of general information about the
networking system as a whole.