[ECOS] Porting ecos 2.0 to CDB89712

Michael Kelly mike@cogcomp.com
Thu Jun 13 10:35:00 GMT 2002

Gary,

At 11:01 AM 6/13/2002 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
>On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 09:17, Ray Bozorg wrote:
>> Gary,
>> The board has 16M RAM.
>> No there is no LCD on Board but It does have all the connection to connect
>> an external LCD to it.  Which I have done that.
>> Where can I get info on the SEB238.  I searched the net and did not find
>> anything on this.  Is this Cirrus Logic Part Number?
>>

>The SEB238 was a development board from Cogent which Cirrus Logic resold
>as the EDB7312.  Look in the eCos tree - there is full sort in there for
>it with pretty much the same layout.  AFAIK, the core is the same
>between the EP7312 and the CDB89712

Actually the part number is CSB238 for the board alone and
CDK238 for the board mounted in an enclosure with a 1/4VGA
passive color LCD and touch screen.

BTW, the CS89712 is an EP7312 die and a CS8900a die
mounted in the same package.  If you look at the specs you will
see that the CS89712 uses Chip Select 2 (nCS2) and external
interrupt 3 (EINT3) to talk to the CS8900a die.

Michael

Michael J. Kelly
VP Engineering/Marketing
Cogent Computer Systems, Inc.