[ECOS] Program execution (i.e. an eCos application) from RedBoot on Assabet (SA-1110)

Gary Thomas gary@chez-thomas.org
Tue Jun 11 08:11:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 09:01, Luca Gamma wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm having troubles loading eCos applications from RedBoot. I successfully
> configured eCos to build the complete library (template: Intel StrongARM
> SA1110 board/all) and linked against it a simple eCos application
> (ecos-test.c) resulting in a ecos-test.exe executable (toolchain is based on
> CygWin and .exe is the default extension when building executables). The
> bootloader is redboot_ROM.bin found in the ./images/arm/assabet folder of
> the ecos CVS repository. When invoking the load command to download the
> program via TFTP protocol:
>
> RedBoot> load ecos-test.exe -m tftp -h 192.168.1.10
> ELF images not supported
> RedBoot>
>
> It seems to be necessary to convert the binary format, anyone can how to do
> this (maybe using arm-elf-objcopy)?

arm-elf-objcopy -O srec <file>.exe <file>.srec

Then tell RedBoot to load the .srec file.

Note: If you rebuild RedBoot using the latest sources, you'd be able
to load ELF files directly (this was added recently for eCos v2.0).