[ECOS]net threads priority

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Mon Jan 14 07:57:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:38:54PM +0100, Andrea Acquaviva wrote:
> Hi,
> a question about the net thread priority:
> what is the right priority to be assigned to a client server application
> that uses cf services (on assabet)?
> I noticed that 99 is not a good priority since the application does not
> work.
> Is there any relationship that I need to be aware with the priority of
> cf interrupt (99)? Is this priority the one assigned to the
> corresponding dsr?

By default, the schedular has 32 levels. I expect priority 99 is
causing it a problem. Do you asserts enabled? I guess not or you would
of seen this problem. I suggest you enable them. Look in the infra
package.

Try something between 0 and 31. Whats correct depends on what the
client/server is doing. If it taking a large amount of processor time
i suggest running it with priority below the network stack. That way
the stack gets chance to do what it needs to do. If the client/server
is pritty idle it does not really matter.

   Andrew